The Dowling Catholic Bands faculty, staff and families believe in music education and are committed to helping students combine their talents with a focus on faith, academics and service as they perform at the school, throughout the city, and across the Midwest in competitions, concerts, and festivals.
Below is a colleciton of articles and information about why music and music education is an important part of your student’s growth, academic success, and life preparedness.
- Dowling Band Grad Showcased on San Francisco Symphony web site
- Who Actually Quits Musical Instrument Instruction — Children or Their Parents?
- Science Proves Music Lessons Were the Best Thing Your Parents Ever Did for You
- Alison Balsom – The Value of a Music Degree
- Science Just Discovered Something Amazing About What Childhood Piano Lessons Did to You
- STEM is incredibly valuable, but if we want the best innovators we must teach the arts
- From NPR: Musicians’ Brains Really Do Work Differently — In A Good Way
- Hearing the Music – Scientific American
- Learning, Arts, and the Brain The Dana Consortium Report on Arts and Cognition
- Wall Street Journal Article shows music training boosts IQ