Dowling Catholic Band and Colorguard Parents:
Welcome to the Dowling Catholic Band Boosters! As a parent of a band student, you are automatically a member of the Band Boosters. We are a parent-run organization and our mission is to assist and support the Dowling Catholic Band Program and its Directors, staff, and students.
The Dowling Catholic Band Program includes the Dowling Catholic Vanguard (DCV) which is comprised of the Marching Band and Colorguard, the Concert Band, the Symphony Band, and our many ensemble groups.
The Dowling Catholic Band Program is under the direction of:
- Director of Bands: Stephen Holland – 222-1033
- Assistant Director of Bands & Director of Percussion: Nicholas Hoover – 222-1081
- Colorguard Director: Angie Countryman-Marcantel – 480-7569
The 2018/2019 Band Booster Officers are:
Ann Seda, President
Drea Cook, Vice President
Amy Johnson, Secretary
Veronica Degen, Treasurer
Be an Active Band Booster:
There are many opportunities for you to get involved and share your time and talents to meet the many needs of the Dowling Band Program.
- Accompany the students to home football games, marching competitions, out-of-town pep band performances, and band trips as a chaperone
- Help our students stay safe and healthy by serving as a medical chaperone
- Unload and load equipment at football games and marching competitions
- Help recruit new band members
- Assist the band with their marching or concert uniforms
- Create locker signs
- Bake cookies for bus trips
- Help organize and serve meals to the band
- Take pictures or video or help with this website
- Help organize Deep Maroon Serenade, the Band Program’s annual fundraising event
Being an active member of the Band Boosters is also a great way to meet other parents and form new friendships!!
2018-2019 Band Booster Committee Chairs
Concert Uniforms: Gosia Wheeler
Deep Maroon Serenade: Karen Ball
Food/Band Picnic: Cathy Spenceri
Medical: Gloria Castellano
Picture Day: Angela Torres
Poster: Sue Smith
Spring Concert/Awards: Stephanie Drey
Trip Coordinator for Jazz in the Bluffs: Joan Bindel
Wells Fargo Concessions: Penny Orewiler
Band Booster Meetings:
You are invited to participate in our monthly Band Booster meetings to learn more about what’s going on and what’s coming up with regards to the Band. Band Booster meetings are on the 1st Thursday of the month at 7:00 p.m. in the Band Room. The Band Boosters meet September through May; there are no meetings in June, July or August.
Here are a couple of ways as parents that you can make sure you know what’s going on when it comes to Band:
- Refer to the Dowling Band calendar for current event and rehearsal schedules.
- Watch your inbox for e-mails from Webmaster@DCHSBand.org and please read the information that is being shared with you.
- If your contact information has changed or you are joining us mid-year, please contact our Band Booster Secretary, Amy Johnson.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me or any of the other Band Booster Officers. Thank you for your support of our DCHS Band students!!
Band Booster President